Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 4: Finally feeling settled in

Well, I've been here in the hills of rural Appalachia for four weeks now. It's starting to feel like home and my cat has finally settled in. I have to say it's quite different from Oregon. For one thing it is politically and religiously very conservative, which is an adjustment for me. I live in a small coal town. The area has some funny quirks that I'm getting use to, but one thing I still have not gotten use to are the insects. They're huge, they're noisy and I'd prefer not to see them. We have cicadas, giant crickets and these weird beetle looking bugs. There's one outside my door that has been sitting there for days. Totally gross.


I found this cicada carcass near my doorstep. Very gross. 
Thanks for stopping by,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.